SAP Calculations for Conversions / Change of Use to Domestic Dwelling
All conversions and change of use buildings to form domestic dwellings require a SAP assessment to meet the requirements of Part L1B of the Building Regulations.
The SAP Calculation includes increasing the thermal efficiencies of any retained structures such as walls, floors and roofs, as well as assessing any new and replacement elements.
As "new" residential dwellings are being created, an On Construction EPC will also be required upon completion of the project. Compass Energy Solutions can produce this certificate for you from the SAP calculations!
How we can help
We will assess your project to Part L1B of the Building Regulations, and liaise with your Building Control Officer to ascertain their full requirements.
We will then provide you with a comprehensive report covering all aspects required in Part L1B of the Building Regulations, and if required, a full set of recommendations to achieve a pass.
To download a copy of our SAP checklist, please click here.
What we Provide
We provide our clients with either an electronic or paper report including;
- Additional recomendations in plain English to achieve a pass if required
- SAP worksheets as necessary depending upon assessment
- A full breakdown of the U-Values for the thermal elements
- Compliance tables for thermal elements and controlled fittings
- An Energy Performance Certificate (if required by the Building Control Authority)
- Comprehensive advice and support throughout the whole process