SAP Calculations for Extensions, Conservatories & Orangeries
Currently, all extensions to existing domestic dwellings will require a SAP Calculation. This includes traditonal extensions, non thermally separated conservatories, garden / sun-rooms and orangeries.
The SAP assessment required will depend upon the amount of glazing in the extension. If the glazing is less than 25% of the total floor area of the extension, plus any openings covered by the extension then it is likely the Building Control Authority will accept a lesser amount of information than if the glazing is over the 25%.
If the glazing is greater than 25%, a more in depth SAP assessment will be required to satisfy Building Regulations.
How we can help
We will assess your project to Part L1B of the Building Regulations, and liaise with your Building Control Officer to ascertain their full requirements.
We will then provide you with a comprehensive report covering all aspects required in Part L1B of the Building Regulations, and if required, a full set of recommendations to achieve a pass.
To download a copy of our SAP checklist, please click here.
What we Provide
We provide our clients with either an electronic or paper report including;
- Additional recomendations in plain English to achieve a pass if required
- SAP worksheets as necessary depending upon assessment
- A full breakdown of the U-Values for the thermal elements
- Compliance tables for thermal elements and controlled fittings
- Comprehensive advice and support throughout the whole process